Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Weeks Events..

Okay lets chat about last night.. well we got into it over his stupid knuckle bone.. I wasn't interested in it but I did sniff at it.. and he near went nuts.. she once again had to break us up.. I know this really bothers her you know the ole peace harmony speech.. So after all was calm again we both got up on the couch and had a nap.. I thought he got off easy.. I could have ate the bugger.. and be done with it.. but I didn't.. he's biding his time with me.. Its the old testerosterone thing I think.. he doesn't get it.. that I'm top dog and always will be.. the insecure twirp..

We all went to bed though late.. she was talking to a friend about coming to the Christmas Light Show in Upper Canada.. They are both coming so it should be fun.. I hope " he " behaves there.. I don't want to be embarassed.. I'll let ya know tomorrow..



Well it was around 4 as we headed out the door.. we both had a quick pee and were in the car ready to see the lights.. I flaked out in the back but that Hoover was whining and carrying on.. jumped in the front seat.. and finally settled.. We got there parked and had to wait in line as some busses had come before us.. it was sooooooo boring waiting..but we got lots of looks and attention so it wasn't all bad.. I had my coat on as did Hov.. but he kept pulling the back off.. so he wasn't so bored.. well she fastened it a few times but in the end he was free of it as he wanted.. I kept mine on it was cold .. We finally got in the park.. after about 30 minutes in line and it was fun.. we could run and sniff.. everything was fresh.. You should have heard the commotion Hov made when he saw those biga$$ horses pulling the people sleighs.. he barked like there was no tomorrow.. and foolishly no matter how many times we saw them.. he barked.. I just carried on.. I'm so good.. She was very proud of us and our behavior.. I know I could see it in her eyes as she spoke to people about us.. She even convinced someone to rescue another one of us in Ottawa.. I was happy to be with her sharing this magical night.. Oh we will have lots of good times this winter.. I just know it.. if only we could loose that Hoover.. ( naw only kidding I'm getting used to him )



Well let me tell ya about last night.. We had been out and got pretty wet.. one of our favorite things to do is go trash the bed covers.. So on was the Basset 500.. with Hov in the lead ( as usual ) he was a maniac racing from the living room to the computer room then the bed room.. I got tired just watchin him.. so thats what I did .. silly boy.. anywhooo after all was trashed she laughed and came in.. Hov jumped at her as usual and she fell to her back laughin and he licked her face.. disgusting I thought.. I'm no kissyface.. so then she said.. okay boys take a hike.. I'm changin the sheets.. they were moist from us.. Ya like that silly Hov was going to be calm now.. NOTTTTTTTTTTTTT.. she began pulling the covers and the duvet off.. next the sheets.. He was a terror on and off the bed.. she had to go get her trusted squirter bottle.. ( usually reserved for buggin/howling at the cats ) she gave him a few squirts and he stopped.. for a minute or twooooooo .. this guy is a real pain at times.. Well the bed got changed and reassembled.. she looked at him with his beety eyes and said.. now Hov.. lets see how long this lasts.. with a silly smirk on her face.. I knew she knew not longgggggg.. well she fixed herself a tea.. sat at her computer.. he came in.. I was already on the couch.. he gave her lalook.. and was offfffff ... she laughed and said to me.. what are we to do with him.. I thought you really want me to tell you... I dropped my head and drifted to sleep.. I tell ya what.. I'd have told her.. take him to the bus depot.. :) and see where that pretty face gets him



Ya well I'm told he'll only mature at 2 years.. Okay enough about that.. haha.. Lets get on to last night.. Well we had our supper.. I was ready to settle in.. you know full belly and warm.. Well he wasn't having any of it.. She was on that computer which leaves him to his own devices.. He was up and down on the couch.. sniffed my butt.. I growled at him to stop it or I'd eat him.. she just looked over at me.. saying "Percy" is he buggin you... well " dah " I said.. so she laughed.. and came over to wrestle him down.. he grabbed a mouthful of hair.. she squeeled .. " LET GO " you beast.. he did but in a second grabbed it again.. he thought ah a game.. she was after all pile driving him.. haha.. the worm... anyways it took the attention of a flea to get him to stop bugging me you can see.. This is one more thing I must put up with.. but you know.. Its not all bad.. I'm starting to like the pest..



She's gonna hang him... she just got home and low and behold he got into her sewing box and well ya you guessed it.. pins are everywhere.. thread spools chewed.. something plastic broken.. she looked frantically wondering if he ate any of it.. or pins ectra.. I tell ya.. we get him house trained.. now to quell his irrational puppy behavior.. She brought him home.. she's payin the piper..

Oh gosh he did it .. yup she has a kinda black eye.. while they were rough housing he came up quickly with his hard head and clocked her.. right in the nose.. Yeowwwwww she yelped.. her eyes watered.. I felt bad.. now she has to try to cover it with make-up.. Oh that nuts gonna do us both in..

At least this morning he let us sleep till 645.. an extra hour.. not bad now just one more and we'll be ripe as rain.. he was hoggin the bed though last night.. he seems to be growin longer.. well heavier too.. its all the good stuff we get here.. she does spoil us .. even made us cookies the other day.. Oh did I tell ya yesterday after our walk we spotted the old pooch across the street outside as usual.. poor ole boy never gets to go in.. I fear he'll freeze to death out there.. So when we got back I saw her go to the fridge.. she got a ham hock and went back out to give it to him.. he was barking at her.. he doesn't even get tied out he's so smart and stays on their property.. she threw it.. and waited to see if he'd come.. well he slowly did.. and sniffed the hock.. she smiled and walked back to our place.. he watched her as if to say THANKS.. Sighhhhh



Yay.. he did it.. we slept till 7:15.. I guess it was the walk in the cold night that helped.. he had broken his leach.. well the mechanism in it.. it was a retractable but stopped with his to and fro style of running.. so he hot a new one yesterday.. this one is inly 13' though.. last one was 26' he noticed that right away.. wasn't all too happy.. but prevailed.. Anyways we got back and were bushed.. but you know walking that late at night was good.. no traffic ( not that there ever is any ) but we were both able to use our leaches to the max.. it was fun.. I lope along and he runs crazy.. we didn't meet up with any other dogs though.. I guess they were all asleep.. Which is where I'm headed..



WHOA.. we are tired today.. why you ask .. well first off she was talking on the phone till 11:20.. then we went out for a walk in the cold..when we got back I had a big drink and headed for bed.. she went in the washroom and brushed and flossed ( takes forever ) and Hoover in the meanwhile full of beans is runnin the basset 500... She finally comes to bed.. we all snuggle and drift off.. YIKES.. around 4:10 there it is.. wait for it.. Yup he did a load.. the room was soooo smelly.. you think someone died.. anyway she hauls her butt up.. after turning on the light.. goes and gets her stuff.. cleans it up.. all the while we are watchin her .. Hov goes over and licks her face and lays back down.. what a brown noser he is.. anyways she sprays some air stuff.. that cleans the air up.. but you know.. flower scented poop is still poop..



Yesterday was a long one.. she went out around noon and didn't come back till 6:00 .. she said she went to see Gramps and made a stop at church.. Funny tho she said Gramps wasn't so good today.. a little confused.. I thought get a grip he's 97 .. I'm a little confused at 14.. Anyways we gave her the business for leaving us so long but it was quickly forgotten when we saw she also stopped for food on her way home.. So we all hunkered down and ate..

She hunted around to see what that Hov had been up to.. much to her delight.. nothing was awry.. no pee.. no poop.. Yay she shouted Hoovy.. Yer a good boy.. Then she headed into the computer room so she could touch base with her friends.. we took the couch and crashed.. pretty much uneventful..

Aaarrroooo
Percy

No comments: