Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Dec.18,2008 to Christmas Day

Last night she had rented Shrek 3 to watch.. well she was so tired she fell asleep about 20 minutes in.. who's fault is that.. Hov.. he's just exausting her.. I don't want that.. she's got alot to do yet .. wrap more prezzies for us.. make us a new batch of homemade slop that we like.. we need her alert.. not that anyone really likes lurts (badda bing ) but you know what I mean.. so she woke around 11:00 to a blank screen.. looked at us and said okay boys what did you do.. I know she meant him.. well she was surprised to see nothing.. truth be told.. he slept at her feet the whole time.. I took the couch.. We went to bed around 1:00 I guess.. and here we are..

Well let me tell you about the snow that fell .. you know I love the stuff but yesterday it was so high I was overcome at times.. I couldn't see the wind was high and these eyes aren't what they used to be.. cataracts and all.. however we managed to get out there for a walk.. Hov was his crazed self and I plugged along.. She said maybe a sled would be a good idea for me.. I thought with Hov pulling.. interesting.. maybe next year when he's grown I'll give him the pleasure.. We got back took off our coats and settled in .. I took the couch.. he well was doin the basset 500 again.. I wish I had his energy.. Today we are doin lights.. I like that it makes it all pretty in here.. Oh geeezzz I'm showin my feminine side.. time to nap..

Hmmm lets see .. last night Hov got into trouble he tore apart a bag of garbage she left by the door .. big mistakeeee.. she went out to clean off the car and left us asleep inside.. well within minutes he was awake.. she couldn't hear him arrooo 'ing inside she had her funny hat on.. so he decided okay I'm going to tear something.. yup the bag of garbage was his victim.. luckily it wasn't kitchen garbage.. but bedroom.. washroom and computer room stuff.. as well a few odd pieces.. it was everywhere.. I was shaking my head.. it was around 10:00 pm. and she'd see this now.. Yikes.. he would be in big dodo now I thought.. well 10 minutes later she came in.. OHHHHHHHHHHH Hoovyyyyyyyy.. you beast... she said.. in the mean time we were waggin our tails arrrooooing her for leavin us.. she laughed and hugged us as usual.. I tell ya this sucker gets away with everything.. it really p's me off..

We all turned in around 12 and he took my spot.. Oh I hope Santa's watchin and he gets coal..

Anyways last night was a hoot.. the Hov was carring around her boots .. and shaking them.. I tell you what he had us both laughin.. well me ( aarrooo'ing ) I don't know about this boy.. iffin he's not sniffin my bum.. he's tearin paper.. or carrying her boots all over.. I think he needs help.. but she thinks its all funny.. she does try to stop him sniffin me though.. I hear Hoover.. half the time I'm asleep when he's in there.. I don't know what the attraction is he has for my butt.. sure is odd.. Oh well I'm tired.. think I'll go over to the couch.. and catch a few more zzzzzzzzzzzzzz Stay tuned

Well yesterday afternoon her brother " the tease " showed up.. he's a tall guy around 6' 240 .. Hov took one look at him and was barking his fool head off.. and the games began.. he loves dogs so he was delighted.. we kept saying to Hov.. " don't you eyeball me " and stare at him.. well Hov thought yikes and would run.. a second later he'd be back waggin his tail.. this went on for what felt like hours.. they sat in the kitchen.. she made him some lunch.. soup and a chopped egg sandwich.. and coffee.. after all he had braved the storm to come see us.. Anyway they talked about family nonsense like usual.. then he explained how he lost his job.. time passed Hov kept his eye on Pete.. I went and crashed.. it was no biggy for me to see him.. Well our supper time came.. she hustled around feeding us and the cats.. then she said.. hey wanna come with me while I walk these two commedians.. I thought hay who you callin commedian.. I'm good.. so he said sure.. we all bundled up and headed out in the storm.. he too the nutbar.. I stayed with Mom.. we went it was fun.. Hov was dragging Pete back and forth.. I thought his arm was going to fall off.. switching hands.. the leash wrapped around his feet.. its 22 feet long.. mine is only 16.. and thats enough for me.. I stay close to Mom in a storm.. So we got back she made them supper.. he parked his bum on the living room.. put a TV table in front of himself.. and she got it ready in about 20 minutes.. while she did that.. he was teasin Hov.. hiding behind the lazy boy and poppin out if Hov dared to come.. it was quite a sight.. he's such a big guy to see down on all fours.. supper was served.. Hov parked himself right beside Pete.. face on his shoulder sheech they shared a piece of meat.. Pete's gross.. Well it was all done.. they had tea.. then chatted some more.. it was getting on to 9:00 he said well I really enjoyed myself sis.. but I got to head home.. with that he put on his coat.. boots and left.. Hov crashed.. as did I.. she went into the computer room to check in here..

Oh I'm tired now.. nap time

It was a pretty quiet night here.. she got a phone call and then another then another.. she seemed sad all of a sudden.. her sister had told her that.. Pete's ex-wife's new hubby of 2 years had been diagnosed with brain cancer and wasn't expected to live much longer.. he saw his doctor 2 weeks back as he was having horrible headaches.. not something he normally suffered from.. well a scan later and he was given the news.. after her sister told her that her demeaner changed.. then her brother Jim called.. they were on for a couple of hours.. seemed they were talking about car pooling for a funeral.. I then was sad.. this is her favorite time of year and this happens.. Pete's ex is a great person.. she had seen a Christmas card the last time she visited her Dad.. it said.. Hi Dad.. and apologized that she had been remiss with calling him.. and that they had an illness in the family.. little did he know.. just as well though.. Anyways she really likes and respects this sister in law.. and feels real bad about this turn of events.. she had just married him 3 years ago.. after finding this gem of a guy at a "Run for Cancer" event ( where she was running in honor of her sisters breast cancer survival ) she still stayes in touch with us.. and came down for My Mom's funeral +++ her and her brother were married 25 years before he screwed things up.. sad real sad

Oh gosh I'm getting sad now.. going to take a nap and dream about better times.

Again pretty quiet here.. she put up more christmas lights in the windows.. took us to the dog run.. its about 10 miles from here.. we stopped in at the pet food store.. and she was allowed to bring us in.. I got lots of attention.. love it.. then we left.. drove home.. She got another call from her brother they talked again for an hour or so.. she was askin if he had a big stock pot she might borrow.. but he didn't.. Then I heard her saying she'd be in town doing christmas baskets again.. guess that means we are here again.. wonder what trouble Hov will get into.. yesterday he pulled the stuffing out of his dog toy.. she's gonna sew it closed today.. she laughed because he always pulls the eyes out of his toys.. guess he doesn't like anything eyeballin him.. Silly guy..

Well yesterday was an interesting day.. She left us again to go do food baskets for some strange folks.. well all was well for a while.. Then Hoover got restless as usual and started looking for trouble.. which he always can find.. he spyed 4 new snowmen ornaments still in their packaging on the lamp table.. you you guessed it.. he took um.. tore off the bags and chewed the snowflakes off them.. they still look okay.. but I was interested to see what she'd do on her return.. maybe even pack his bags and toys this time as these snowmen are a tradition she keeps.. every year she adds to the ornament collection new snowmen and ladies.. which I might add isn't easy because most snowmen are girls.. she says.. Anyways hours pass she gets home .. carring a bag of stuff she doesn't notice right away.. and makes her way into the kitchen.. Hov almost trips her .. she greets us.. gives us a treat or two and goes back to take off her silly hat and jacket.. and then I hear.. Hoooverrrrrrrrrrr.. you beast.. he continues with his treats.. think the boy is starting to recognize.. that if she doesn't cally him HoovyDoovy.. she means business.. so she comes out with the ornaments and wrapping in hand.. shaking her head she says to me.. " look what he did " I though.. "well get him " naw she just threw the wrapping in the garbage.. inspected the damage.. smiled and said "well they are not bad considering.. its his first Christmas ' and that was that..

She made herself a tea and went to play on that computer thingee.. we jumped on the couch and napped knowing she was home and we were safe..


But yesterday she was ready to hang the nut.. she was decorating the tree.. Oh my gosh he was a pest extraordinare.. he was stealing her soft snowmen.. grabbing her shoes from the room on the bed she's go there he'd run like he** into the living room.. grab an ornament.. and play this game of "catch me Mom" well he tired me out with all that so I just watched.. she was back and forth like crazy.. he was pulling the lights.. wanting to chew them.. I think she says its like having a toddler.. well the tree got done.. Her friends showed up to bring her a huge stock pot.. Hov was barkin although he just saw them at the Festival of Lights.. short memory that boy.. well she was trying to talk with her friend in the kitchen.. yup you guessed it.. Hoover was grabbin her boot.. the ornaments.. his bones.. everything to drive her nuts.. her friend and her laughed at his antics.. Yup he's a real commedian I thought.. Ham is more like it.. Anyways they visited a while.. and complimented her on the tree.. wished her a Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday and left.. We all just sat for a bit looking at the tree..

She feel asleep on the couch with me on her and Hoover on the lazy boy.. Mmmmmmmmm it was warm

Well he came again ( Pete ) and Hov was barking at him .. he wanted to play.. and Pete was going right along.. till I stepped in.. I gave him lalook and he settled down.. Pete was upset about his g/f as usual.. see she drinks tooooo much.. so this time he says it over.. I know he's said that before.. So he stayed for supper .. and they talked about family again.. Pete has no invite anywhere for Christmas either.. I think he'll be back today.. but I don't know.. he also asked if he could tag along with us to my her sisters in Ontario for New Years.. of course she said okay.. she is such a soft touch for family.. So he stayed till 9:00 Hoover behaved a little better this visit with him.. its gonna take time..

Well we were up this morning at 5:45 .. presents were waiting to be attacked.. and Hoovy did just that.. and he was luggin his monkey everywhere.. silly dufus.. I just munched a treat or two and crashed again.. The cats got their toys and headed downstairs to play.. I cannot wait to see the aquarium going.. its only 3 gallons and self cleaning.. so it should be easy for them.. but the benefits.. they can just sit and watch the fish.. I don't know if she'll get a goldfish.. or a siamese fighting kind.. guess she'll decide..but probably not till we are back..
Today she'll be busy doing stuff in the kitchen I'm sure.. so it will be a quiet day for us.. unless Pete comes then all h*ll will break loose..

Okay she's home again after splittin early this morning leaving me to babysit that Hov.. Well it wasn't too bad.. he just got into a few things.. knocked over a few boxes and moved the stuff inside.. he barked at the neighbor walking by with her dog.. his hearing is real good.. The phone rang a couple of times.. so it was flashing..
She came in to find a little mess.. but we both gave her an ear full after all this is two days in a row I was left with him.. his new trick is to dig at the floor.. like he's goin to China.. silly sod he is.. he also chewed one of her wood ornaments of a cat.. she wasn't happy with that.. it was a one of a kind type.. She just picked it up.. and gave him lalook.. Then she gave us both a few Pupperoni's.. I'll never get it.. He doesn't deserve her..

No comments: