Monday, February 22, 2010

Goofy Arrives

Well life here is nothing short of interesting.. Fred has really impressed Micky.. they play like crazy I think Hoovy's nose is out of joint.. I saw him chase Fast Fred yesterday outside.. they all run like a dog napper is after them at times.. and I kinda worry about Micky.. they are both bigger than her and its icy out there lots of frozen holes from foot prints.. its amazing actually such sure footed.. then they come in and collapse real tired like..
Meal time is good too.. he Fast Fred has fit in fine.. not trying to mooch our food.. he eats his and goes to the living room or door to go out.. I tell ya he needs to go almost immediately after eating.. no slow leak there.. I wait an hour sometimes before I have to go.. its better then I have my dignity because I get to go do my thing alone.. Yup not so bad being old.

Today she left us to go see about a scanner that some Dr. was donating.. then to see some guy about the Charity paperwork.. I don't think there is any turning back.. We got a foster home for Molly.. so she's not coming here.. She'll be bunking in with Angus.. Lucien & Luke.. over in Saint Lazare.. lucky girl.. Well not so lucky.. but at least away from her abuser.. We also got an email that made her nuts this morning.. it said that a basset was in a south shore "kill pen" she shook her head.. and asked if that rescue was going to get him/her they seemed unsure of the sex.. it was a mole that emailed them.. She was checking her email hoping for news.. but nothing as of now.. Imagine.. me or Hoovy in a "kill pen" Yikes.. makes me sick to think of it.. I need a drink..


Well yesterday was eventful.. She went out for about half hour and that Fast Fred decided he wanted to play with the recycling box.. he tipped it over and ran like a madman all over with the cans.. then the paper towel roll they were all trying to pull it in different directions.. So it ended up a big mess.. then he decided to go get the toilet plunger.. WELLLLLL that was another game.. I think he clouted Hoovy and Micky a couple of times with it till they retaliated .. then it was an all out Basset 300.. with toilet plunger.. toilet brush and paper towel roll.. all in stride.. I shook my head.. how little things amuse these silly youngins.. So anyways she got home to the mess in the place.. They all greeted her with kisses.. I'm not a kissyface dog.. I just howled at her to LOOK at the mess they made.. She said.. " I hear ya Percy.. Ya I see what they did.. but remember boy.. they are all puppies "..

Today no mess while she went to get our van.. mind you it was very early and I went back to sleep.. but I think if they had terrorized I'd have heard.. So its all good today.. Thank Goodness.. Now I just have to worry about Saturday.. she's leaving us to do the Pet Fair/Adoption Clinic.. maybe Fast Fred will get a new home.. paws crossed

Well she did the pet fair.. an we almost ended up with another mouth ta feed.. a 4 month old showed up.. she went over to her friend and asked her to go get him from the other rescue fer her.. then her friend fell in LOVE with the pup.. and bought him fer herself.. "THANK GOD" imagine iffin I had a 4 month old ta deal with.. I'd loose my mind.. er whatever I got left.. However Fast Fred told me he was a cutie pie.. white and red.. no brown like us.. Oh well at least he has a good home with a groomer so he'll be able to go to work with her.. and be clean all the time.. ::) .. We did fine by ourselves without that Fast Fred buggin Hoovy.. an I thought Hoovy was a pest till Fred came along.. However she has to go on a forever home visit on Tuesday to the Quebec/New York border where Valerie lives to meet Cody ( Fast Fred's Brother ) before he can be adopted.. its our policy.. So I guess we'll be here again.. and she said to Colleen that they would go do a mailing in Malone.. after.. I guess more brittle is going out.. She makes me tired with her schedule..

Yay Fast Fred that counter surfing beast is gone.. well on a trial period.. but out of here.. I shouldn't be happy because she is pretty sad tonight I knew she would be.. he did have devilish good looks ya know.. and fur soft like rabbits.. I think I'll go rest a while..

Today was good.. she went out to get her Charity papers done with her friend .. they stayed out longer than I expected but we were okay.. no mess.. I think that Hoovy is maturing.. he turns one on the twenty second and well I think he knows it.. Fast Fred reminded him how immature bassets can be at times.. but I know he misses him.. Micky Gurl is finally coming around too.. she was whiny a bit.. I guess when your rescues it takes time to feel secure.. Geee I'm 8 years since she rescued me and I still worry..
Spring is in the air I rather enjoyed laying outside in the sun this morning for a little over an hour.. Yup supposed to go up to 50 saturday.. snow is melting.. won't be long before I can go out on the back deck again and not need to be tethered.. Yay.. I can't wait.. its been a long time..

Well I thought I'd get a break after Fred left but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO she's got some other hound that needs a port in the storm.. I tell ya I think this is going to be a long season.. I smell the females in the air these days for sure.. I might be old but my nose knows.. Anyway this one was dumped someplace in Montreal.. now at the SPCA.. she called the vet .. he's going there before coming here so we'll have to be easy on him.. Although I cannot speak for Micky.. she's a wild thing..

We have got to decide what bowl he will get.. I don't want his drool in mine.. but that silly Fred never payed attention to my growl when I warned him.. guess I'll just have to play it by ear.. she did get a couple of gates.. so things might change a bit this time..

Well I have to conserve my energy starting now..

Well she did it.. she went yesterday and picked up that hound at the SPCA.. good ole Dr. Leibart has him now checkin things and cuttin his nuts off.. that should calm him down.. I heard her say he was pullin her like crazy after they left that SPCA.. guess he was glad he left on his paws and not in a bag.. Oh I'm mean.. Naw not really.. So we'll have another house guest.. starting thursday.. Mind you I heard her on the phone with another rescue that has a basset 13 months old.. I dunno.. I hope its not comin here.. my head will be spinnin.. I'm too old fer this kinda activity.. it disturbs my sleep.. Oh well I'm still catchin up..

Well that new Goofy came in yesterday.. I had to put him in his place when he tried to mount ME.. imagine trying that with me.. I clocked him with my strong muzzle I ain't takin that crap.. excuse my language but the lad is about 2.. Hoovy's nose is outta joint.. Micky has been showin her stuff to him.. and droppin like a fly when he comes near.. whereas Hoovy holds his ground and Goofy tries to mount him.. NOT successfully.. LOL.. ah pups.. they just don't get it.. At least we all slept good last night.. no interruptions..

No comments: