Sunday, February 14, 2010

Micky Arrives

Quiet day yesterday.. she seemed sad and was crying.. her friend died.. We behaved all day.. I know it was tough .. she went out for a drive to clear her head.. she does that when she's upset.. We just waited till she returned.. Hoovy didn't misbehave at all.. I was glad.. She brought us in a package from a friend in PA.. it was a valentine prezzie from our girl friends Lily and KatyBug .. it was nice.. 2 toys and treats.. She got a couple of stuffed dogs.. from her friend.. I hope she posts a picture there lovely.. but Hoovy's not getting them.. lol

Yesterday he was pretty good.. I must say.. short of driving the cats nuts trying to play with them when they want no part of the big nut.. it was fine.. LeGros from across the street came over for a visit.. but I found it too cold to stay out long.. so I left Hoovy to play with him.. He's a real beast tho.. he came to our living room window looking for treats.. she threw him a bunch as well a couple of chicken backs she had got for us.. grrrrrrrrr however I'm supposed to "shareeeeeeee " yuk..
We had a quiet night watched Idol on tv.. she played on here.. then we turned in..

Hoovy is afraid of PomPom.. but terrorizes Yew Toes & HyGal.. but they too will get wise to him that he's really a chicken $hit.. lol.. We didn't do much last night or today.. she was on the computer then on the phone with miss B.. talking about stuff.. We went to bed late again.. and still that Hoovy had us up at 5:00 I sware he has some kind of built in clock.. its pitch black out and he wants to play fetch with some toy.. I can't see.. What a pest.. Anyways I ordered some MrWiggins cookies today in support of those 7 bassets that we burned in a house fire earlier this week to help with the vet bills.. poor buggers.. I hate fire.. she burns candles an I don't like it..

Oh well.. asta la vista..

Yesterday was okay she left us for a while but not to long.. that Hoovy was watchin out the window and pulled down the curtain.. then he got bored and looked around the kitchen.. found a 4litre water bottle in recycling.. killed that cold.. he flattened it with his teeth.. the boy is developing quite a grip.. he hid the lid.. I think just to scare her.. into thinking he swallowed it.. but he never swallows that kinda stuff thank god or we'd be at the vets weekly.. Anyways she got home.. bags in tow.. we had our noses in them in a split second lookin for what she got us.. we do that all the time.. she laughs.. unless Hoovy runs off with a loaf of bread ( bagette ) and rips it out of the paper bag before she can catch him.. lol then its his with all the drool you could stand.. she'll break off a piece for me though because I love bread.. We all settled in for the night.. LeGros from across the street came over for a few treats.. boy he can catch.. she was tossin milkbones to him and he didn't miss one..
Well that was about it.. she crashed during the Oscars.. woke and dragged her butt to bed around 11ish..

Last night was kinda somber around here as hard as Hoovy tried to drive her crazy to "play" he loves it when she chases him with the squirt gun or the paper towel talking through it saying.. " I'm gonna get you Hoovy Doovy " she just wasn't biting.. instead she was writing in her journal.. and to her long time friend/penpal in Denmark.. I think with so much going on in her life right now she needs to vent to someone that has no vested interest in her words to either judge or rebuke what she feels.. Theirs has been a friendship since 84.. she was in hospital when a volunteer there suggested to her as she had allot of time to kill there lying in bed.. that maybe sign up for a penpal.. well she did and the rest is history.. they are still going strong and have gone through loads of triumphs and tribulations together.. Yup she's a great friend to have.. I'm glad she loves me.. and Hoovy too

What a day.. she had a dr. appointment this morning her rheumatoid is bad these days and left us alone around 9:15 .. Hoovy was in the window watching her drive away.. That was it.. he was on a tear.. he grabbed a vhs off the side of the tv table and chewed it to rat s**t .. then he decided to attack the pillows on the couch and chased them all over the place pushing them with his head.. lucky he doesn't like the taste of material.. after that he rested about 10 minutes I think and was in the kitchen slurpin down water.. he's a slob ya know.. walking away with his mouth full.. we have a ceramic kitchen floor and with water on it its treacherous .. I slipped and slid all over when I wanted a drink.. dam .. Anyways time passed and he settled.. she got back around 2 I guess she had stopped to get a few things on the way back from the city.. We got mail and treats.. and chicken legs.. they were only 59 cents a pound.. woohooo.. so she tossed us both one and unpacked the bags.. She shook her head as she picked up all the pieces of the vhs.. and the ribbon inside.. Don't know what was on it but its toast now.. thanks to HIM.. So that was our day.. LeGros came over for a visit.. she tossed him a chicken leg.. I thought his eyes would bug out of his head.. Don't think his owner gives him treats like that.. Oh well..

Time for a nap..

Wow where have the days gone.. we been busy here allot going on.. She was home all day friday it was a snowstorm going on.. she shoveled and talked on the phone.. with her buddy in NC.. then she was on the computer again.. till late but we did watch a bit of TV.. and she talked with another friend thats coming to visit today..
Oh and get this.. her friend Joanne emailed her.. there are a couple of bassets in need of homes.. OH NO and one is a gurlllllll .. She might be coming friday.. for the weekend as a sleepover.. Ya right thats what I heard when Hoovy came.. Anyways she's been on the phone and sending out a wop of emails and says we are going to have a Quebec Rescue here.. now I dunno.. How many I can put up with.. I hope I don't get lost in the shuffle.. you know I'm insecure.. well don't tell anyone.. anyways she wants the keyboard back I gotta go.. Talk to ya tomorrow.. I hope..

.. What a day.. first off I near broke a leg on the ice this morning.. THAT HOOVY.. breezed by me to get out the door first.. and pushed me.. imagine it.. I was upset to say the least.. that bug has no respect for his elders.. After that we both came back in.. she played on the computer and was talking on the phone .. seemed kinda intense really.. but I drifted off .. you know with all that fresh air and stuff.. Later I heard the phone again.. Thursday she said.. that gurl might be coming instead of friday.. I was shakin my head thought maybe I'm dreaming and went back to sleep.. Later on Hoovy went out for a while.. I stayed in.. well about 10-15 minutes later she gets up and goes to make sure he's okay.. I hear.. HOOVYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY .. apparently our new phone book was delivered and well you know how Hoovy feels about paper.. Yup the yard was littered with ripped pages from the phone book.. Yup he's like a toddler all right.. and imagine a gurl toddler.. my life will never be the same.. Best I get my beauty sleep.. I sense some sleepless nights ahead..

Geezzz I'm nervous.. she's coming friday morning.. I hope that Hoovy behaves when she goes to get her.. Its a long drive into town so we'll be here at least a couple of hours by ourselves.. I know I'll be good.. I wanna make an impression.. but if that fool acts out then all the attention will go to him.. I tell ya maybe I'll sit on him till she gets back..

She's been on that computer so much in the last couple of days you think she is possessed.. I know she's tryin hard to help us.. I just hope she doesn't do too much.. I need to be fed regularly ya know.. No time for her to slack..

Anyways she seems happy to have a " GURL " she said yesterday.. like we're chopped liver.. Phytttttt.. It is interesting though to see Hoover and her interact.. they tired each other out real good yesterday.. but I gotta tell ya I wasn't thrilled last night.. she fell asleep on the couch.. and Micky slept on the couch at her feet.. So I took the floor.. Hoovy went on the lazy boy.. I slept okay I guess.. and I could have gone to bed.. but I don't like sleeping alone.. I guess I'm spoiled.. but tonight I'll nudge her to go to bed.. Oh it will be interesting trying to see WHO is going to be beside her I call SHOTGUN.. NOW..

No comments: