Thursday, February 11, 2010

New Year Begins

So now about yesterday.. She left us AGAIN to go mail stuff.. she doesn't take us as she doesn't want trouble at the US border crossing.. We have papers but You know.. girl with two dogs goin to the states.. sounds crazy.. So we were here.. Hoover slept.. didn't do a thing.. She was soooooo happy when she returned.. gave us treats got Hoovy a GIANT Rawhide bone almost big as him.. but the sucker is carrying it all over like its a real treasure.. Me I like the real marrow bones myself.. and I get those regularly..
It was all in all a productive day.. she did her thing and we slept.. what more could You ask for.. but today is freezin cold - 21 out so we'll go for a brisk one today.. thats about it..

We had a quiet afternoon.. she left us again to go run errands and go see Gramps.. She was sad when she got home around 5:00 it seems Gramps was "doing" okay physically but still when she was leaving asked.. " So your taking me home now " I don't have my car here its still at the old place.. I see why she was sad.. So needless to say we stuck by her last night and around 9 we all fell fast asleep on the couch.. I was at the bottom and that silly Hoover was there right on her chest.. and the cat above her head on the pillow.. sheech I dunno how she does it.. but she does and fell asleep..

Well he did it again.. while she was out he got hold of her sandals and chewed the strap off.. I knew it was too good to be true.. he would do crazy stuff again.. but I have to say I'm kinda glad.. those sandals have seen better days.. she says " but they are comfortable " I think get a grip.. get a new pair or wear your slippers around here.. She doesn't tho because often she has to run outside and rescue that comedian when he gets tangled up in the trees or bushes or any other thing that crosses his path..

Anyways she got home again and brought us treats.. Simpson cookies.. vanilla flavor.. Mmmmmmm like Homieeee would say.. quite night.. her friend Bliss called and she called down to the hospital in FLa. to check on her friend there.. she stays up to late these days though and fallin asleep on the couch.. I wanna go to bed.. its more comfy


Well last night was quiet.. we didn't do a thing.. she was hardly away from her computer I think her sick friend has her really twisted up like a knot.. she's getting grief from all sides.. but stays firm in her honor of his wishes. I guess thats one thing I'm likin about her .. she's loyal to a fault.. and will protect those she cares about with all she has.. So I don't have much to say except it was a pretty late night last night.. 12:10 I think we finally turned in..

Wow was he in trouble yesterday.. while she went out to mail some stuff he got into a bag she had left on the floor near her computer.. she had just bought one of those Inspirational little books.. paperback.. Well he chewed it and tore out pages.. as well he chewed a new wrist rest she bought for her wrists.. She wasn't happy with him at all.. but knew it was after the fact and he would not understand punishment.. So what did she do.. get this I'm still shaking my head.. gave him a marrow bone.. I know he likes to chew but thats just crazy.. he just damages stuff.. and she says Oh Percy he's just a pup.. I dunno..

Yesterday we went for a walk .. we saw the ole black Sheppard dog across the street out again.. I don't know how he does it.. it was freezin cold and the poor fella lives outside.. I know he has a big coat of hair but sheech .. She always carries milkbones in her pocket fer him and he just waits fer us to get close.. and he comes partly up his driveway.. but as he is afraid of us he just keeps his distance.. but will happily crunch down the milkbones.. One day he'll come out to see us.. I know he will.. anyways we continued on our way.. Hoovy pulling and me laggin behind smellin every yeller spot I could find in the snow.. Us hounds do that ya know.. We got back.. sacked it for the afternoon.. she was on that computer lookin busy as usual.. Not very eventful.. we just slept..

Real quiet day and night.. she went out but we both just slept.. thank goodness he didn't do anything.. and she came back with treats.. new ones Bart Simpson cookies.. ::) we like um.. last night she was watchin American Idol.. Hoovy got up on her.. I was on the lazy boy.. they fell asleep together.. He woke her at 4:10 to go out.. She dragged her sorry butt to the door and let him go.. Yup a quiet night indeed..

5:43 you believe this.. I'm so tired.. Well yesterday she left us again.. I don't know what for this time but when she came home she had a crazy piece of material with "moo " written all over it.. I raised my eyebrow and looked her in the face.. Oh girl you got problems.. we gotta talk.. Then she gave us treats and checked around for damage.. haha.. there was none.. Hoovy was good.. he is getting slightly better and I'm using that term lightly.. but I do give him points.. As the day progressed tho I saw a change.. she had talked on the phone with someone.. her friend isn't doing well in hospital and its weighing heavy on her.. I keep my paws crossed as best I can at times.. I hope he gets better and sends us more "grits an yellow rice" .. she has a fossil rock he sent her a while back on her desk.. she holds it at times thinking about him.. Anyways I hope today is a better day for her.. There is a storm on the horizon tho today.. we're gonna get it.. UGLY..

Yesterday afternoon around 4 she got a phone call .. a friend had got a couple of tickets to a concert of John Mellencamp for last night.. they were good seats too.. I shook my head.. thinkin we have a storm going on ... your NOT going out in it.. but I heard her say.. sure if you pick me up.. I don't want to drive.. So off she went around 5 in the miserable storm.. WE WERE NOT HAPPY.. left again.. what if the power went out we'd be in the dark and she's out watchin Mellencamp down in Montreal.. So we had little choice.. I jumped on the lazy boy.. Hoovy was on the coffee table lookin out the window for a long time.. then he was fed up.. so yup rip and tear was his game.. he chewed a book.. not a good one but one.. Then he rested for the rest of the night.. She got in around 1:00 and singing some tune about Jack & Diane.. I dunno.. she was happy.. thats all we want anyways.. so she put the kettle on for tea.. threw us a couple of chicken drumsticks.. fed the cats.. covered the birds.. sat here typin till 2:15 went ta bed.. yep and here I am..

Time to sack out I'm tired and Hoovy's outside runnin like a crazed pup..

Well not to much excitement here we were outside shovelling allot... Hoovy sprained his leg runnin his fool head off and now she coddlin him somethin fearse.. We were barkin at our neighbor the three legged dog an I think he made a bad hop.. his ears were flappin and he was howlin.. it was a funny site.. I was sittin on the gallery watchin the fool.. but I noticed him limpin after one real flight off the big snow covered rock out front.. that was it.. anyways when we all came in fer hot chocolate.. she gave him a half an asprin and he seemed a little relieved.. but I tell ya it didn't slow him down fer a minute... he was out there again.. I think the cold snow gave him some relief.. kinda like icin a sore muscle..

Another week of memories

No comments: