Saturday, February 6, 2010

Hoovy that Pain


.. Well she did it.. gave that Hoovy his first official bath.. she was washin her hair and he decided to jump in the bathtub.. So she said.. " oh ya " and proceeded to lather him up and get him all stinkin nice.. then he jumped out she could only towel him as he's afraid of the hair dryer unlike yours truly I just love it and all the attention I can get.. So he ran around damp making a complete fool of himself.. rubbin on any surface he could.. then the " basset 500 " took place .. he was runnin amuck everywhere.. up and down on and off the bed.. couch.. then digging to china on the floor.. the cats thought he was going apes*it.. it was a hoot.. he tired me out just watchin him.. and at least she laughed.. it was good to hear..

Last night she watched that new Adam Sandler movie.. " I now pronounce You Chuck and Larry " oh she was giggling at that.. she is a big fan of Sandlers.. Then we all turned in ..



WHOA I'm so tired.. that crazy Hoovy was up in the night 3 times barfing.. it seems she mumbled something about sticks.. he is always finding twigs in the backyard snow that fell from the tree.. and the silly fool chews and eats them.. well last night I guess it was a case of "return of the swallow" he just barfed and barfed .. I swear she sleep walks when he gets her up like that.. she looks like a wild woman.. paper towels under one arm.. spray cleaner in another hand.. an open plastic bag.. for the spoils.. Yup quite a sight.. I just raised my head and thought.. see Mom I'm so good and he's not.. and fell back asleep


... Eeewwww well it wasn't sticks.. he barfed again in the morning.. it was like spaghetti.. she let out a " OMG " Hoovy... and next thing I new she was on the phone to our vets.. of course it was too early silly gal.. so she decided to get dressed.. so we could go right away.. what the heck I thought.. then she called back to the vet.. she said.. my pup has round worms.. I near fell off the lazy boy.. "WHAT" I been sharin water.. bones.. the bed with that nut.. "Get him outta here the vermin infested beast" anyways she got an appointment for 2:15 I had to go too.. boy was I pi$$ed.. I hate going to the vet.. So the morning seemed to fly by.. she was gettin packages ready to mail ectra.. and it came to about 1:15 so we all left.. traffic wasn't bad so we were early about 15 minutes.. This old couple came in after us with a dog that looked like he had seen better days.. she said he's not feeling well for 4 days.. she asked how old is he.. the lady said 7.. OMG I thought.. he didn't look a day under 200.. So even though her appointment was after us.. she said to the lady.. You go first.. I was relieved we had more time.. So the lady blessed us for the kindness and went in.. When she came out dogless I was worried.. she said he needed to stay as he was dehydrated and needed IV.. so that was that.. Now was our turn.. We went in.. and the vet "funny lady" started taking Hungarian to us.. haha.. I thought ya trying to confuse us eh.. I'll getcha.. So up goes Hoovy on the table.. I walked around.. So Helen whats wrong with this lovely boy.. she whipped a pill bottle out of her pocket.. it was full of his vomit of spaghetti.. "OH" said the doc.. worms.. Ya .. "out came the Oh poor chichi" the docs favorite name for us.. She laughed and said Okay lets check him out.. she checked his ears..eyes...temp..felt him up.. cut his nails.. all that jazz.. then said nice boy .. we have to weigh you.. so she took him to scale in back.. 44 pounds.. then returned.. My turn.. Yikes I had to get on that table.. Okay I'm up do your deeds.. she checked me out.. cut my nails.. said all good things.. my teeth sparkled.. ears fine.. coat lovely.. eyes.. well the cataracts were there.. but I thought I can still spot a treat at 500 paces.. Time to weigh me.. 77 pounds.. I lost 3.. I guess its all the extra walking with that Hoovy..
So we were done I thought she's gonna drop the hammer now.. Well Helen I'm going to give Big Guy pills.. Little Guy liquid.. he's not going to like the taste though but give him as much as you can of the vile.. Okay she said..
I have 2 pills to take 2 weeks apart.. Hoover has 3 viles to take .. 1 a day for 3 days..
35 minutes later we were on our way back home.. Cost her $82.00 not bad..


Well quiet last night.. she got home around 4:30 .. Hoovy didn't do any dastardly stuff.. I think its the worm meds.. he just slept.. She gave us treats.. told us about her adventure shopping and such.. We had supper.. then she was on that computer she seemed upset by something she read.. saying I'm gonna call.. next thing she was talking to that feather guy.. he was sad he missed out on a job.. so they chatted a while.. she got off with him.. then called Bliss.. they chatted and laughed.. Its good to hear her laugh.. We went out for a whiz shortly after and hit the sack after 11:00 she said "boys I'm makin peanut brittle "


Well its confirmed Hoovy is a chicken s**t yesterday he was afraid of the carpet cleaner.. I don't get that boy.. I sure hope its not cause someone chased him when he was a pup with something electric.. that could scar him for life and I'll have to listen to the fool bark.. Well he seems better after his worm treatments.. back to his ole self.. she was tryin to change the sheets on the bed.. Yup you guessed it.. he broke out in the " Basset 500 " honestly he tires me just watchin.. She snapped a couple more pictures of us.. You'd think she was paparazzi around her stalking us to catch us in compromising poses.. Anyway I don't mind.. I close my eyes and Hoovy doesn't stay still unless he's napping.. So we got her lol..

Quiet night.. we fell asleep on the couch together.. cramped a bit but together even the silly cat was around her..


Oh goodness she went out again leaving us.. but Hoovy behaved this time.. he just sat on the coffee table watchin out the window.. When she came back though she said after opening the door.. "live stuff comin through" I thought OH NO not another pup.. nope it was a fish.. for the aquarium the cats got for Christmas.. not a bad looking one.. its a calico goldfish with a fan tail.. So she put him/her on the table and leaned down to greet us.. I was happy.. but I knew other bags were there and she had to go retrieve some from the car.. Well out she went.. back with the bags now she let us see.. as there is ALWAYS something in the bags for us.. Yup I was right.. I could smell um.. Yay it was pigs ears.. we followed her in the kitchen she cut open the package and we were in heaven.. one each.. off we went.. Hoovy had his gone in minutes.. I savored mine about half hour.. Then we had a nap.. Mmmmm I guess being left behind has its own rewards..it wasn't long lived.. he was chewing a push pin and came to show it to her then ran like heck.. she was in chase.. he was eggin her on.. turning looking at her .. doing his basset 500.. what a nut.. with a push pin in his mouth.. well she caught him and he gave it up.. a few minutes later he was back.. this time with bits of paper hanging from his yap.. he attacked the TV guide again.. she found pieces in the living room torn to bits.. she gathered them up.. and threw them at him as if its funny.. he was barking and wagging his tail.. such a bug that boy.. anyways that was cleaned up.. he chilled a bit.. then while playing on her computer she was what seemed upset about something she was reading.. I dunno.. but then she was on the phone callin Bev.. a minute later she put it down and started to cry.. " boys.. Bob died and they didn't even bother to call me " We went and sat with her on the bed.. Hoovy put his head in her lap as if to console.. I layed beside her.. funny how life is with humans.. they can be laughin one minute and cryin the next.. family antics are as weird as that pup if you ask me.. we could all live without um..


Well today I hope for her sake he does actually stay with us not that bad but I can't tell him that So yesterday was a quiet one.. My leg was sore as you see when we go out in the front we go on tethers.. well he was circling around me and caught my back feet hence draggin them out from under me.. I could have bit the sucker but he's way to fast at times .. so anyways I fell over and was free but hurt.. so I muddled on inside but after a nap I was stiff.. so she gave me some of those homeopathic pills and within a few hours I felt better.. still a tad sore but better.. and I'm even better today.. I think I'll go out alone today .. let that Hoovy watch me from the window haha..

Another week

Percy

No comments: